|The Center for Green Building, LLC 3309 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06605
Phone: 203-382-0774 Fax: 203-382-0764 Email Us
Quality & Safety in One
Vermont Natural Coatings wood finishes provide professionals and individual
consumers with the highest quality product that is safe to use.
VNC’s finishes have several characteristics that make them superior to conventional
- Twice the Durability: PolyWhey has a cured hardness twice that of other
water-based finishes, meaning it is hard-wearing even on floors that have heavy
- More Coverage: Conventional water-based finishes have an average coating
coverage of 300 to 400sq.ft./gallon. PolyWhey's cover is 500-600sq.ft./gallon
- Shortened Dry Time: PolyWhey is ready to recoat in two hours.
Our commitment to producing a quality product is equal to our commitment to
protecting human health. We believe PolyWhey is the safest high-quality U.S.
manufactured wood finish on the market today.
- No Toxic Binder: Some conventional oil and water-based finishes contain toxic
heavy metals and formaldehyde. PolyWhey’s™ binder is non-toxic whey protein.
- Low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs): Conventional water-based
finishes have an average VOC level of 200g/L (grams per liter). PolyWhey has
less than 180g/L, well below the strictest U.S. standard of 250g/L.
- Mild Odor: Conventional water-based finishes still have a strong odor than
dissipates slowly. PolyWhey has a neutral odor that dissipates quickly.
Lower VOC’s means healthier air quality and no need to move out while the floors dry.
PolyWhey Wood Finish accomplishes this by harnessing the strength of renewable
whey polymer proteins, creating a product that is safe for the environment and the
| Center for Green Building